Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Beginnings...


The Downeast Dowleys' resident muscovy sentinel is now a daddy duck!!!!

14 ducklings hatched on this morning that marks my departure for Peace Corps Service. And I can't help but believe that these baby duckies startling arrival is a sign that most wonderful transformations are about to take place....



The next few days I will be swept up in a flurry of flights with all the baggage checks and peanut-less snacks that accompany airplane transport.

Tomorrow morning I take off to DC for a brief orientation (some rubber stamping) and by Thursday morning the DR "August 09-er" volunteer crew will jet onto a Santo Domingo airstrip, ready-or-not for pre-service training.

I suspect with all the hustle and bustle of training in the next 10 weeks that my internet correspondence will be sporadic. However, I will update this blog soon enough. And I will do my "bestest" to provide you little sips of the discoveries and experiences flooding my day-to-day from now through 2011.

It'd be great to hear from you via email...or post to:

Amy Dowley PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Av Bolivar 451, Gazcue
Apartado Postal 1412
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Pumpkin seeds and red maple leaves most welcome.

Sending you love and laughter,

~Amy




No comments:

Post a Comment